We strive to produce proficient readers, writers, mathematicians, critical thinkers, problem solvers, and productive citizens
O'Bannon Elementary School will cultivate within its students the desire for learning. We will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and values required for promotion and productive citizenship.
The mission of O'Bannon Elementary School is to provide a setting where all students and adults work together in continuous and challenging learning experiences. Through active involvement in a rich variety of instructional approaches, students will become self-disciplined in their pursuit of academic achievement.
The faculty and staff of O'Bannon Elementary School are committed to enhancing student achievement by using effective research-based instructional strategies in every classroom and with every student. Our goal is to provide a setting where all students and adults work collaboratively to achieve success. Our commitment to high-quality teaching and learning reaffirms our belief that our students can learn and will learn.
We promote the following views:
- All children can and will learn.
- Higher expectations result in higher achievement.
- The curriculum must be rigorous and must have relevance.
- Effective relationships are based on respect, trust, and honest communication.
- Cooperative learning, differentiation, and technology are tools to improve student learning.
- Parent and community involvement increases student achievement.